We read Moshi Monsters magazines, played Wii, watched Gnomeo & Juliet and decorated cupcakes (of course!)
After holding a vote on my personal Facebook page, the majority of my friends though that cookie dough flavoured cupcakes would be the best to make.
When I think of cookies I think of the Cookie Monster from Sesame Street, so I got all the gear together to make Cookie Monster cupcakes with Cleo. Check out the cute Cookie Monster Cupcakes we made!
Firstly I had to make the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes. The recipe is in three parts, the batter, the filling and the icing.
Some might say that having a cookie dough flavoured centre AND icing is too much but I thought it was delicious! If you're not feeling overly adventurous then just leave out the filling part, also means you save time which means more time for eating!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes
Recipe from Tidy Mom
340g Unsalted Butter (softened)
1 1/2 C Brown Sugar (packed)
2 2/3 C Flour
1 t Baking Powder
1 t Baking Soda
1/4 t Salt
1 C Milk
2 t Vanilla Extract
1 C Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees C and line two muffin tins with cupcake cases.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar (about 3 minutes) until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Alternating, add the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl with the milk on a low speed, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just incorporated.
- Blend in the vanilla and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly between 24 cupcakes liners.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the cupcake tin for 5 -10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before decorating.
Cookie Dough Filling
60g Unsalted Butter (softened)
6 T Brown Sugar (packed)
1 C & 2 T Flour
200g Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 t Vanilla Extract
1/4 C Chocolate Chips
- Cream the butter and brown sugar (about 2 minutes) until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, beat until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the mixture has firmed up a bit (approx 1 hour)
- Fill the cupcakes by cutting a cone shaped hole out of the centre of each cupcake.
- Fill each hole with a chunk of the chilled cookie dough mixture.
Cookie Dough Icing
340g Unsalted Butter (softened)
3/4 C Brown Sugar (packed)
3 1/2 C Icing Sugar
1 C Flour
3/4 t Salt
3 T Milk
2 1/2 t Vanilla Extract
- Cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the icing sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the flour and salt.
- Mix in the milk and vanilla extract until smooth and combined.
- Pipe onto cupcakes using a 1M or large star tip. Decorate with chocolate chips or sprinkles and a mini cookie.
Only put the cookies on to the decorated cookie just before you want to eat it, I made these yesterday and today the cookies are all soggy! Oops!
If you can't be bothered making the cookie dough filling (fair enough) I think the icing tastes pretty cookie doughy so you could use that as a filling or just skip the filling all together!