On Saturday morning I woke up really hungry and for some reason, craving cinnamon pinwheel scones. I Googled for ages trying to find one that wasn't made from a packet or took too much time to make. In the end I actually couldn't find one I wanted (I even tried calling my Dad for his recipe!) so I decided on French Toast.
There was some leftover crusty bread in our kitchen and I thought, WOW it's a sign, I'm supposed to make some yummy French Toast this morning! I just kind of chucked it all in a bowl (as I usually do) but thought I would share with you, because it tasted so darn good!
Vanilla & Cinnamon French Toast
3 T Milk
1 t Vanilla Essence
1/4 t Ground Cinnamon
Approximately 4 slices of crusty bread (or just use normal bread, I do it all the time!)
Butter for the fry pan
1) Heat a frying pan to a medium/high temperature.
2) Combine all the ingredients in a bowl using a fork to mix.
3) Dip the bread in the egg mixture to coat on both sides.
4) Throw a tiny bit of butter into the fry pan (hopefully it sizzles at this stage)
5) Put the eggy bread in the fry pan and cook until golden on both sides.
I like to make up a nice cinnamon and sugar mix to sprinkle over my french toast. It's about one tablespoon of white sugar and half a teaspoon of cinnamon, or I think you can buy this pre-made now -LAZY!
Drizzle on some maple syrup, sip on your hot coffee and soak up the sun while it's still here (that's what i did!) Enjoy!