WARNING: The following recipe is so delicious one just isn't enough! These cupcakes are super yummy, the icing sort of tastes like Russian Fudge and the cupcake isn't too sweet so you can really just keep eating them (until you pop!) The only problem I have with the recipe is piping the icing. Would you believe I got it right the first time I tried?! (this was before I had taken any lessons and I actually used a disposable piping set!)
1 small cup of White Sugar
1 Tbsp Golden Syrup
1 cup Milk
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 ½ cups Flour
- Preheat Oven to 180 degrees C.
- Heat syrup and milk, then add baking soda.
- Sift dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar, add egg.
- Add dry ingredients and milk to creamed mixture alternatively.
- Pop into cupcake pans and bake for 17 minutes.
4 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Milk
Approx 2 cups of Icing Sugar
- Bring brown sugar, butter and milk to the boil for one minute stirring.
- Add enough icing sugar to make it the right consistency – around two cups.
- Pipe onto cakes straight away, before the icing gets to hard.
Check out these cute cupcake cases I bought off the Internet. I love animal print!