When I first saw these cookies circling the Internet I knew I had to make them, what could be better than a cookie baked inside a cookie? It's cookie-ception!
I organised a baking date with my friend and we made them for a charity bake sale her work was putting on. Cookies for a cause make them taste so much better!
I have to admit I needed a glass of milk with my giant cookie. The next day when I took one to work I had to have half at morning tea and half at afternoon tea.
They're massive, but that is not a bad thing!
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 20 large cookies
225g butter, at room temperature
¾ cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla essence
3 ½ cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips
2 packets of Oreo cookies (at least 20)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C and line two cookie trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter until light in colour, add brown and white sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt together and slowly add to the wet ingredients until just combined, it will be crumbly.
- Fold in chocolate chips, making sure to distribute them evenly.
- Make balls of cookie dough by using a tablespoon to scoop.
- Place one ball of cookie dough underneath the Oreo and another on top and press down, sealing the cookie dough together.
- Place cookies onto cookie trays, spaced well apart and bake for approx. 13 minutes or until golden brown, don’t worry if they seem a little on the soft side, they turn out nice and crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Recipe source: Picky Palate
I am entering this recipe in this months Sweet NZ. Please check out Shirleen's amazing blog Sugar & Spice for all of the lovely entries.