It's been three weeks now since I had my wisdom teeth removed. The first week I was totally on soft foods, pretty much no fruit or vegetables and mainly eating and drinking liquids...it wasn't much fun. The second week I started eating slightly harder foods and mixing it up a little. My teeth still ached on the odd occasion. but going from taking pain killers every four hours for one whole week to taking them maybe once a day was a massive achievement so I was happy about that. I'm also happy because I think I lost a few kgs in those few days I hardly ate anything woohoo! Silver lining huh! ...I'll probably end up putting that all on now that I'm eating normally again!
On week two I made one of my favourite recipes, Chorizo Risotto, which was nice and soft. This recipe is on the back of the Aborio rice packet I buy and has never failed me. It's super easy and adaptable too, I usually put a cup of frozen beans in but this time I just served it with a salad. I also threw in some leftover bacon I had in the fridge which made it yummy!
Adapted from Sun Rice
2 C Aborio Risotto Rice
1 T Olive Oil
1 Onion (finely chopped)
2 Chorizo Sausages (sliced)
1 C of Peas or Beans
5 -6 C Hot Chicken or Vegetable Stock
6 T Grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste
1) Heat half the oil in fry pan and cook the Chorizo for a few minutes until lightly browned then put them in a bowl and set aside to add at the end.
2) Add the onion to the fry pan and cook in the remaining oil for a two minutes.
3) Add rice to fry pan and cook for two minutes, making sure to stir continuously.
4) Add hot stock one cup at a time, stirring until it is absorbed before each new addition (about every five minutes). Continue until rice is tender which will take about 25-30 minutes.
5) Add peas or beans and chorizo five minutes before you finish cooking.
6) Stir in the Parmesan cheese and season to taste.