This recipe is quite full of spinach and feta (as the name suggests) I think I could have done with a little less feta as it's quite salty but Mr S was very happy with them so I think it's just a personal preference. Next time I'll probably use half the amount of feta and just place a small piece in the middle of each muffin.
Spinach and Feta Muffins
Recipe adapted from NZGirl
1 C Milk
150g Spinach (roughly chopped)
2 C Self Raising Flour
1 1/2 t Baking Soda
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
50g Parmesan Cheese (grated)
1) Preheat oven to 190 degrees C and lightly grease a muffin tin with some oil spray or butter.
2) Heat the milk and butter in a large pot over a high heat.
3) When butter is melted add spinach and bring to the boil just until the spinach is slightly wilted.
4)Remove from heat and pour into a food processor. Process until the spinach is finely chopped and set aside to cool down.
5) Sift the flour and baking soda into a large bowl with the cayenne pepper, salt and normal pepper and stir in the parmesan cheese.
6) Lightly beat the eggs in a cup before adding to the flour mix along with the spinach mixture and crumbled feta.
7) Fold together with a wooden spoon until JUST mixed – don’t over mix or you’ll regret it!
8) Spoon mixture into muffin tin and bake for 20 – 25 minutes until risen and firm to the touch.
9) Leave the muffins in the tin for five minutes before turning them out onto a wire rack.