This particular present was an idea I had last year after seeing this pin on Pinterest.
I basically saved a box from a roll of foil, then wrapped it and filled it with small cookies. Don't be fooled by how easy this may look though, wrapping the foil box was much harder than it looks!
I made the cookies using the recipe from the Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies (only halved) and they tasted fabulous!
I was actually glad to be giving them away so I could get them out of the house, I couldn't stop eating them! If you want to make a cute home made present like this it's easy as pie, take a look below for instructions.
How to make a cookie gift box
You will need:
Empty foil, baking paper or cling wrap box
- Firstly, remove the serrated part of the box very carefully, you don't want your present to be a cookie trap! Ouch!
- Cover the entire box with glue.
- Cut a large rectangle from the wrapping paper, making sure that it is big enough to cover all sides of the box plus a little extra for the edges.
- If your wrapping paper is thin (like mine) then you might like to cut two small rectangles to go on top of the top and front of the box so that the box packaging is not to visible, just glue these on before gluing the wrapping paper down.
- When attempting to wrap the box, remember to cut lots of slits so it is easy to fold
- Bake cookies according to instructions (check out these cookie recipes) and let them cool completely before popping in the box.
- Line the inside of the box with a small piece of baking paper.
- Place cookies inside the newly decorated box, try to get as many in as possible!
- Top the cookie box with a bow then give to someone you love dearly...or keep for yourself from "santa"